Saturday, November 20, 2010

For HIS TRUTH!!

Thanksgiving #29

                 Last night we went out to celebrate Daniel's birthday over dinner.  Dad, mom, Uncle Jason (the boys' uncle, my brother-not my uncle), husband, and our boys all met at the Italian house-Olive Garden.  We had about a half hour wait.  So I always bring something to read to tie the time over.  My mom brought her Bible study material and took it out to review with me.  She had attended the class earlier that afternoon "How to share the Gospel" at Bible Study Fellowship, otherwise known as BSF.  She excitedly recapped the key points and enthusiastically reviewed the four truths of sharing the Gospel.  I asked her if she had ever heard these truths before, and she looked at me earnestly and shook her head no.  She had attended church since she was a little girl.  In fact, my grandfather started and pastored the church in their bario in Nueva Vizcaya.  And when we moved here to Portland in 1976, we attended the United Methodist Church of Beaverton.

And sadly, they never taught the truth...the Gospel...the Good News.

Four walls with a roof and a cross in its center do not make a church.  His Holy Spirit and His teaching and His replication in others...that makes His church.

For the first time, November 19th, my mother heard the Gospel.  She heard the truth of our Lord Jesus Christ and she believed for the first time.  I am grateful for God's truth that is mighty to save!!

By the way, my mom is now witnessing to a young Native American girl, Audrey, in the workplace...working to share the Gospel.

No comments:

Post a Comment