Saturday, February 19, 2011

Love letters for Valentines




When I wrote my first love letter, I was 18 years old.  I didn’t know that my first love letter would be one of many written every day for a whole year and beyond.  And that the one whom I would write several thousands of miles away would be the one whom I would marry.  I just wrote and wrote and poured out my heart on pages with words...until my heart was completely poured and completely his. 

When God created the Heavens and Earth, He spoke…with one word of his breath it came to be.  With word upon word, you can “agitat molem” move mountains…with the faith of a mustard seed.  With words you can build and encourage…

…and sadly, you can tear down.

So with every word I breathe, I have a choice to build or tear down.  What will you choose?  Will I take this Valentines Day and every day for that matter to speak words that build and encourage…I'm reminded that encourage means to bring courage.

Praying my words as wife builds and speaks courage to my husband as love letters.

"The wise woman builds her house, but with her own hands the foolish one tears hers down." Proverbs 14:1

No comments:

Post a Comment