Wednesday, November 24, 2010

For warming shelters in stretches of cold...

Thanksgiving #35

                  21...that's the number my car thermometer read last night.  My children watch excitedly as the the number fell from 41 (being inside the garage) down 20 more.  Brrr.... understatement.  I think that many of us can say that we are very grateful for the warmth of shelter and roof over from the elements outside...a kind of a blessing that many of us may take for granted, or at least I have.  No, today, I am grateful for the many ministries that touch the hurting and downtrodden.  Imago Dei Community, Portland Rescue Mission, Union Gospel Mission, and...Rolling Hills Community Church.  These faith communities use their resources and blessings to provide for the Portland poor...to provide warmth and shelter...food and drink...hope and light...to a watching and desperate world who so needs the light and warmth of Christ.
I am grateful for these communities...for warming shelters in stretches of cold.

No comments:

Post a Comment