Tuesday, November 23, 2010

For the marvel in the first few fall of flakes...

Thanksgiving #34

                The night quieted down and the sky drew closer and blacker.  It had filled with clouds heavier and fuller than typical.  Then when things were already quiet, it drew even more...and it began.  The first few measures of soft, falling flakes crescendoed into an orchestra of a sky-filled white.  It sounded magnificently quiet and breath-taking.  I've seen it before and every year, but each time I do, it holds my breath captive.

The boys rushed out to crunch the first layer and roll their bodies in it's soft, cool blanket.  You would have thought that they've never seen anything like it.

Just the day before, I was feeling discouraged that I don't believe I've taught my children the blessing of how to marvel.  Tonight, I didn't have to...they knew exactly how to upon the first sight of marvel.

Grateful for the first sight of marvel...He is marvelous and wonderful.  The first few fall of flakes...

No comments:

Post a Comment