Saturday, November 20, 2010

For my Pastor's wife...

Thanksgiving #31

              My Pastor's wife asked me...and three of my mentors, Judy, Cheryl, and Rita, to join her in a study...Radical by David Platt.  I've heard his sermons and even joined an online discussion group over his sermons.  I was challenged beyond measure and often irritated and uncomfortable.  I hated his radical thoughts and his unconventional practices and agreed with every single one of them at the same time.  He teaches and practices a walk not too far from those of the Franciscan Order of St. Francis of Assisi.  Francis was born of wealthy parents and forsaked all that he was given for a life in poverty with Christ.  I'm nervous and agitated about this study but excited and elated at the same time.  I'm grateful that Kathy invited me and I'm grateful for my Pastor's wife.



By the way, isn't my Pastor's wife so beautiful?  She is inside and out.

No comments:

Post a Comment