Saturday, October 23, 2010

For that which I take for granted...

Thanksgiving #10

              Today I watched a woman cross the road without the help of two legs.  She labored traffic in her wheel chair, and I wondered if she noticed the many stares as she passed by.  She carried her baggages on her lap and her countenance reflected a kind of weariness that reflected an arduous journey.   I am grateful for two legs that I have taken for granted and have tarried many a journey with and for me.  They have taken me places I couldn't have gone without them...through the streets and steps of Jerusalem, the cobbled stones of Rome, one of my favorites Champs Elysee, dirt paths in Manila and the creek sides of the bario in Binalonan.  I have walked the Via Dela Rosa in Israel...yes, the same dirt path Christ walked when He did with the Cross on his back during His ascent to Calvary.  I am grateful for these two legs.

No comments:

Post a Comment