Saturday, June 12, 2010

Bible and Me


Half past six in the dawn of the day, sweet husband packed up our brood of little ones and not so little ones and piled them generously into the Suburban yesterday morning.  Off they went, to walk the mall with the Grands...this time with Grandpapa and Grandmaman.  Couldn’t believe so early, bright eyed, cheerful spirits, and without complaint or grumble.  Still in my pj’s, I kissed them off and snuggled back into my "Read."

Imagine…Bible and me…and silence and solitude…quiet and calm.  I had forgotten the smell and taste of it, but remembered how much I loved it… a luxury enjoyed sparingly…solitude.

Crash, bump, thump… “Mama, we’re home!!”  Broken silence… the brood was back.

Husband kissed me tenderly on the forehead, squeezed next to me, and sweetly asked, “Did you miss us?”

Is it bad I responded “It wasn’t long enough.”…and kissed him tenderly on the forehead.

No comments:

Post a Comment