Tuesday, November 16, 2010

For His guard and keep...

Thanksgiving #24

              We finished our last football game this season last Saturday night.  And what a season!!  It wasn't easy but it was fantastically fun.  Twas an incredible season filled with growth, gratitude, and God.  God led the way, guarded the coarse, and protected their path.  I don't have the biggest boys on the team, as you know.  You can imagine my concerns...yes, fears...every time they hit the field and every time they hit an opponent.  And, every time they hit the field, as I dropped them off, whether it be for practice or game, I prayed over them....every time, without fail.  So the moment the buzzer sounded the end of the season and my player walked off the field for the last time, I thanked God for his protection.  God guarded my boys, every bone in their body and every sinew in their limbs...God marked their path with His guarded eye.  I'm grateful for the Lord's protective watch.

"The Lord bless you and keep you;
The Lord make His face shine on you and be gracious to you;
The Lord turn His face toward you and give you peace."

~Numbers 6:24-26

The Priestly Blessing above was poured over my boys every time they walked that field.

Now to Him be the glory forever and ever.  Grateful for His guard...

No comments:

Post a Comment