Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Blessed is a nation whose God is Lord...

Thanksgiving #17

                 For liberties and freedoms often taken for granted.  We live in a nation of "entitlement" and "assumings".  We assume we are owed and we are deserving for no reason other than we live and breath within this nation we call United States.  It very well may not have been my home as I am a first generation immigrant.  My parents immigrated here from the Philippine Islands in hopes of "American Dream", whatever that may mean.  And, I've found with all of that "Dream", we enjoy liberties that have blessed my parents beyond their dream.  Today I have the right to "vote"... to discern and choose right from wrong and truth from lies.   I'm grateful for this nation, I pray, whose God is Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment