Sunday, May 9, 2010

The most noblest of all titles...


It brings one of the highest joys and the deepest pains... to love a little spirit that found its birth in you.... I guess you can say an extension of yourself... you catch a glimpse of your smile, your expressions, and your face in theirs.  It doesn’t matter what your vocation, profession, or work you pursue, the most holy and honorable titles you will ever hold in your entire life is that of “mother.”  It is the most noble of all stations you will have the privilege of serving.  I pray I serve it well although it will never cease and I will always be until I take my last breath.  But from the moment it began, I knew it would never end... it would just move into different seasons... the most noble role of “mother.”
The first time I engaged with that title of “mother” I dreamt of romantic journeys exempt of challenge, trial, and definitely not tears.  But through it I have cried not buckets, nor vats, but oceans.  The first brought illness, pain, and suffering, as did each consecutive pregnancy.  Recovery was always slow and arduous, but you know, the crazy thing about it is that I’d do it again... over and over... for them.  
But the physical pain is not the greatest sting of it all... oh, its the umbilical cord.  From the moment it’s severed, you spend the rest of your days doing just that... letting go what you brought in.  And, it becomes even more real when they hit right about where my eldest has arrived.  And all I want to do right now is hold on to the very one I’m suppose to let go... it’s my job... to “mother him go.  But, even with that sting, I’d do this journey over and over.  So, blessed day to the very ones that gave me this noble title in the first place.
Happy Mother’s Day





No comments:

Post a Comment